East Point Light House

East Point Light House
New Jersey 2010

Friday, November 25, 2011

Project 365






I have a passion for my job as a teacher.  When I was hired at Radnor High School I agreed to be the yearbook sponsor.  Little did I know it would reignite my passion for photography.  I remember as a kid loving to take pictures, but I really only took pictures during vacation.  My mother tells a story of me in Disney World running around taking pictures of all the Disney Characters.  I spent most my time looking for Goofy and I was only able to get his back side.  Mission Accomplished.  


I have decided to take this challenge for several reasons:



  1. Life is short and busy.  This assignment will force me to slow down and observe.  
  2. What did I do last week at this time?  This assignment will  provide a visual, a memory of that day last week.  
  3. Reflection.  Who has time for reflection?  I rarely sit down and truly reflect on my day, my failures and  my accomplishments.  This assignment will force me to make time to reflect on my day and my photography.  
  4. How can I become a better photographer?  It is easy to photograph the Eiffel Tower, The Grand Canyon or even Disney Characters.  It will be a challenge to find interesting objects from my everyday life.  This will make me a better photographer.  It will force me to look at objects differently.
  5. Why don't I enjoy writing?  I wish I enjoyed writing, I wish I could sit down and write what I am thinking but I hate writing.  Don't tell my students at school.  I make them write all the time.  They say it is therapeutical to write down your thoughts.  My goal in this assignment is to let my photography represent my mood.  



No comments: